Saturday, September 18, 2010

I Dream of Sara

When I dream, I dream of Sara Jackson-Holman. And it's no wonder. With her delightful use of both staccato melodies and soothing undertones combined with her Adele-esque vocals, this is truly a must-hear album that is sure to become your Autumn soundtrack. Raised in Oregon, her music personifies the picturesque landscapes and natural qualities of her surroundings, and exudes a sound you just can't find on a coastline.

Entitled "When You Dream," her debut album was released this past May and exhibits a sound that is well beyond her 21 years. One of the most popular songs on the album, "Into the Blue" was featured on the season finale of ABC's "Castle" and immediately became the focus of music chat rooms nation-wide. Everyone wants to know more about this young Portland native with her mature style and ageless voice. And while I hesitate to make comparisons, she will undeniably be grouped with the soulful and spunky voices of Adele, A Fine Frenzy, Regina Spector and even Feist.

There is literally no bad song on this album, so it's hard to give my picks. But if I had to narrow it down, I'd say buy these tracks first: "Into the Blue," "When You Dream," "Come Back to Me," "Cellophane" and "California Gold Rush."

No comments:

Post a Comment