Wednesday, January 6, 2010

the motion of Oceanship

I was recently flipping channels (I swear) when I stumbled upon an episode of "One Tree Hill." While I've never been a huge fan of the characters or plot-line, the show is, in my opinion, one of the best resources for new music. Similar to "Gossip Girl" and adolescent drama MTV reality shows, if nothing else- you are able to walk away with a new grocery list of items to download on iTunes.


In any case, I digress. Back to Oceanship-- check out "Hotblack," "Don't Wear Me Out," "Go" and "Excited" on their MySpace page. It is that quintessential "emo" rock sound with which our generation of music has become all too familiar. While I don't accuse the Canadian duo of coming up with a nouveau sound that's totally original and all their own, I fall for it every time.




No comments:

Post a Comment