Sunday, March 6, 2011

Stole My Heart

You may have gathered by now that I am a fan of that folksy/emotional sound that makes you either want to stay in bed all day or drive with the windows down (depending on the forecast, I suppose). Well my newest discovery is no exception. How predictable of me.

While many regard Seattle as a birthplace for Northwestern bands, few experience the rate of success like that of The Head and the Heart. Consisting of five members, the band met at a Seattle bar during a open mic night only a year or two ago. Upon discovering their mutual love of folk and harmony, they formed a group and released their first self-titled album in July of 2010. Within a few months, Vampire Weeked beckoned and enlisted The Head and the Heart as the band's opening act in Seattle on its Fall 2010 tour.

Looking for a comparison? Imagine Kings of Leon, Fleet Foxes and Keane had a child. On second thought, maybe you should just listen for yourself. Try their Myspace page for their best four tracks (excluding their newest release, "Lost In My Mind," below): http://www.myspace.com/theheadandtheheart

No comments:

Post a Comment