Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Sundrenched Everywhere


We all know that I'm an alternative rock groupie (anyone else feel compelled to organize a sit-in at the WRXP studios in protest of its switch-over to WFAN?). What you may be unaware of is the newly launched www.InvenioMusic.com, which may just be my new vehicle for new music. Described by HartfordBusiness.com as "music social network that combined elements of American Idol and YouTube," the site gives aspiring artists a platform to enter contests, get feedback and achieve exposure and prizes. 

Thanks to Invenio, I've discovered the Connecticut-bred quartet Echo & Drake and what has become my sleep-song serenade.  Check out the band's "Morning Dove," below. While you're at it, try "Sundrenched Elsewhere," the title track from the band's late-2011 debut, as it is Invenio Music's recent "Original Song Winner." Looking for a reference? Think Snow Patrol meets The Cure meets Phoenix. 



Feel like celebrating? Join the site's creators and yours truly at the site's launch party tomorrow at NYC's Session 73 at 8pm. Comment for more details. 

1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOD. I get to meet the MUSIC CHICK. I AM THERE

    ReplyDelete